The Silicon Gods

Taboos in worshipping the silicon gods and the orthodox rites & rituals that would make Silicon Gods happy so that they bless our team for coming up with timely deliverables and quality bytes of machine code ...

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Thus I booked a car …

It’s simple news that I have – I booked a car. But this exercise has revealed a lot about sales people and the sales pitch that even my ISB MBA failed to teach.

I booked Maruti Swift exactly one month back. As usual, I went through a lot of test drives and was impressed with Swift. Then started the search for car loans. I met a lot of honest people with loads of lies (aka sales people). HDFC got my papers and gave a quote around 2040 EMI per Lakh. I thought they were joking. ICICI came to 2030 and said that nothing below is possible. HDFC came down to 1999 and suddenly ICICI gave quote for 1992. I didn’t know how impossible things became possible.

Finally, I went for HDFC and at the time of giving cheques, he asked for Insurance amount. He didn’t inform me prior that I have to take insurance with them but the trained guys convinced me to take insurance with them (Just that brain doesn’t work some times)

I waited patiently for one month (that was the waiting time given by the dealer) and I was informed that it will take two more months due to spike in demand and production problems. I was frustrated and just cancelled the booking.

Then the same cycle started again when I decided to look for C segment cars. After meeting the icons of Ikon, going thru the indigo of Indigo, hearing the accents of Accent and taking the course of Corsa, I finally settled for Accent. I am again going thru the loan process, negotiating with the Maruti dealer to give the loan cancellation charges, pursuing the Hyundai dealer to keep the promise of delivering by weekend … Boy, things are not that easy …

Its not just Car … I have paid the full amount for Tata Indicom broadband connection last month and am still waiting for the connection …

Post-script: It sucks to see that I didn’t blog for a week but my company that is gracious enough to employ me is intelligent enough to keep me struck in a hectic schedule. Hope I should have ample time after our release on July 15th. I can blog regularly then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home