The Silicon Gods

Taboos in worshipping the silicon gods and the orthodox rites & rituals that would make Silicon Gods happy so that they bless our team for coming up with timely deliverables and quality bytes of machine code ...

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

All in the name …

I went on a vacation last week. Work has piled up but thought of blogging a bit before diving into the work…

Today I tried registering to some yahoo groups and wanted to create a separate profile for that … I tried all the weird names for the profile but nothing worked out … I tried common names like wind, magnate, cyclone, superpower etc which I know would have already been used.

I tried computer terminologies like ascii, digit, digiterati, gigabyte, terabyte and even QWERTY, SPACE BAR, LATITUDE etc but netizens have already taken these names. The real surprise was when I tried su, su_j, s_uj, suj and everything was already taken. Frustrated, I tried cube_12 (my cubicle number) and to my surprise even that name was not available. I was really clueless and after a lot of iterations, I settled with a shitty ID “su_988688”!!

Then I noticed that all the profile IDs in the forums are as shitty as this. I think in the future, we will just have our mobile numbers as the email IDs to avoid this frustration. But that will have privacy problems. How about SSNs? But that’s not applicable outside US. mmm…I am planning to reserve email IDs for my son/daughter for future :)

3 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dood, you gonna use your SSN as email id?
Now thats scary.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Indian Blogger said...

I have tagged you.

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. Plz dont say the same thing in U.S .You will be behind the bars for identity theft .

Lucky Amazon U.S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home