The Silicon Gods

Taboos in worshipping the silicon gods and the orthodox rites & rituals that would make Silicon Gods happy so that they bless our team for coming up with timely deliverables and quality bytes of machine code ...

Thursday, May 26, 2005

The bad old days …

It was like visiting the remains of old civilizations … like walking midst the debris of Harappa … like kneeling down before the grave of your favorite person … like watching a sad classic … like thinking about your past love in one rainy evening … Well… I was browsing about the dotcoms that failed during the dotcom bust …

The reason I did that was a selfish one – to hunt for a good idea that was poorly executed … But I gradually got into the mood of visiting a lost civilization … I could visualize the energy, enthusiasm and dreams with which the entrepreneurs started their dotcom … The pain they went through when the reality struck straight in their spine …

I was reading articles that described in detail about the day when the decision to dissolve the company was made … Even visionaries like Paul Allen didn’t escape … Almost everyone said that their dreams collapsed just because of their inability to raise capital …

mmm… Its no different from a woman going through abortion … I should keep this in mind while executing my dreams, either for Amazon or for myself …

Note: Guys … If anyone of you is writing blog, send the link to me … I am looking for blogs and I would list the link in my blog …

4 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Vineeth Kumar said...

Hope you are aware of Siddharth Sinha's demise (ISB 2005 grad). All of us at ISB were in mourning yesterday.

- VK.
http://isb-mba.blogspot.com

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Sujayath said...

Yes. I am aware. Its a very shocking new s ...

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger BeehaG said...

Could u please give links to those dot-com era bust stories.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Sujayath said...

A good collection of failed dotcoms screen shots ...
http://www.1134.org/stan/dot-com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home