The Silicon Gods

Taboos in worshipping the silicon gods and the orthodox rites & rituals that would make Silicon Gods happy so that they bless our team for coming up with timely deliverables and quality bytes of machine code ...

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Mood-out? Reboot!!

Nowadays I am forming an opinion that girlfriends, especially the techies, are becoming more and more adamant and controlling than ever. When I climbed down the stairs today, I could hear the first floor girl shouting in the cell phone. I think my guess that her boyfriend should be on the other side is not that unreasonable. I have seen girls going out of café in the middle of a coffee and their boyfriends literally chasing them, pleading them and taking them back to the coffee. I know girls shouting at their boyfriends for commending some others girl’s work or for even saying that Paris Hilton’s shape is good.

I am from a town in Tamilnadu, India and have seen women not being given enough freedom to voice their opinion. I have seen in my childhood that women are treated like slaves. Maybe its time for them to take revenge on the chauvinistic male society.

I am also wondering whether the same story is repeated in the case of computers. You know once upon a time, it was just a slave doing the work ordered. Then we added complex contingency mechanisms, intelligent error tracking monitors, wizards to guide novice users and dynamic user interfaces. Now, computers are no longer listening to what we say.

I don’t see much difference between my girlfriend refusing to sit on my bike and the program throwing the sad face “Operation cannot be performed”. What’s the difference between your ladylove refusing to accompany you for the movie just because you are two minutes late and a stupid web service yelling “Operation Timed out”? And nothing pacifies them – neither my girl friend care when I plead “Sweetheart, please don’t go” nor the laptop listen “Oh my Dell darling… please don’t hang”

mmm… Time for them to take revenge … Thanks, God! Atleast I have the option of rebooting when computers are mood-out, but what about our girlfriends??

PS: I just read that the computers with the ability to reproduce are out there!!

4 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting observation!! nice one

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Indian Blogger said...

Your posts in the last few days have been about love,women etc.
Whatz the plan buddy...Do I hear wedding bells ringing..He heh

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes of course , sujayath is getting married.. and guess who he is getting married to ;)

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soujanya said ..
Sujay is in full moood compared to ISB days .. Hope sujay has some time to hang out with Girl friends after 1 year hectic schedule ..

Girl Friend is also can be rebooted not as fast as Dell darling ..

I work in DELL :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home