The Silicon Gods

Taboos in worshipping the silicon gods and the orthodox rites & rituals that would make Silicon Gods happy so that they bless our team for coming up with timely deliverables and quality bytes of machine code ...

Monday, June 27, 2005

Am "not in the" way

There was a guy who kept pestering me for long to attend some meeting which will give me new business opportunities for creating passive income. I was evading him but finally I thought of attending the meeting yesterday.

Before going, my roommate swami warned me that this will be the Amway one but I still wanted to give it a shot. I have read case studies about Amway and how it has revolutionized the retail supply chain. I was prepared not to be brainwashed by whatever they say, but just wanted to see how it goes.

The meeting was in a house and there were old members and some new scape goats like me. It looked more like a “Jesus Calls” meeting (Not to offend any religious mind, please take in lighter sense). One person used the fake smile and all marketing gimmicks to explain what Amway is and how it can make us Millionaires (“Next to Bill Gates, Amway has created most millionaires!!”). Then they showed some products and demonstrated how it is better than the current ones. I don’t have anything against Amway products as I too think they are of good quality.

Then they sat down and started hooting and shouting and boy, this time I really felt I am in a “Christ calls” meeting. They said that they do that to maintain enthusiasm and energy. Then they asked me to say what I felt about the product. How can I say something bad when a group of united brethren are staring at you to hear some holy praising? I said that I have read case studies and Amway way has worked for many.

Then each member read out what he sold that week (two shampoos and one soap!! I thought he could consume more than what he sells) Later, they marketed some cassettes and books which could improve your Amway way. I was given a cassette and I silently dismissed myself from the holy crowd. Amway way works, but am not in the Amway way.

Postscript: Swami asked me to add this -> If you hear back from a married ex-girlfriend, don’t be puzzled - chances are that she is canvassing you to join the Amway way. Just his 2 cents.

4 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, amway does not work like it seems. no pyramid scheme works in reality for all. the people at the top of the pyramid certainly do make money selling all those cassettes and books apart from the regular way of making money in a pyramid

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Indian Blogger said...

If not Amway, try Oriflame next time.

 
At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home