The Silicon Gods

Taboos in worshipping the silicon gods and the orthodox rites & rituals that would make Silicon Gods happy so that they bless our team for coming up with timely deliverables and quality bytes of machine code ...

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Proud to be in Prod

Finally, we pushed our project to production. The last two weeks have been very hectic and there were days when we worked 24 hours continuously. Developers are really energy drained and worn-out. Now everyone can take break and refresh themselves before starting the next release. I am also feeling relieved and happy.

I was reading a Tamil book “Ponniyin Selvan”. When I was going thru the difficult phases in the project, the hero of the novel was also going thru turmoil and difficulties. So Today I felt a need to finish the novel and see that all the chaos is settled and the hero is happy. I finished it in the cab. When I came to office, it looked like a bright day with my mind singing the happy tunes. Finally, I feel like that hero who brought the chaos into order.

MD called me and said that I should be proud for achieving this. He should have said that for a formality.

The reality might be different … I might not be a critical piece in the project … But the project has taken me thru a lot of difficulties teaching me valuable lessons … At least, I would be a critical piece, an able leader in my next venture …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home