The Silicon Gods

Taboos in worshipping the silicon gods and the orthodox rites & rituals that would make Silicon Gods happy so that they bless our team for coming up with timely deliverables and quality bytes of machine code ...

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Boy Zone

I am referring to my team when I said “Boy Zone”. It has been just three months and I have started feeling that may be we should have some girls in our team. A9 group has managed to get a couple or three gals but our team stays firmly as Boy zone …

I can’t think why high standard hiring means fewer girls. Are girls not smart enough to enter such firms? Or may be they are not that career oriented as guys who take significant amount of preparation before interviewing for geeky firms. May be, girls don’t want to work in such hectic schedules … Or they are not that much technology oriented …

Whatever may be the reason … the reality is that we don’t have even a single girl in our team. I miss the heroic feeling that guys in firms such as Infy or TCS get when they bail out gals from bugs …

( Infy Gal : Hey ! My machine is not starting … Can you look at the problem?

Infy Guy: Sure! Oh, you have to switch on the power for starting any machine…

Gal: You are so brilliant … I never knew that …)

In our team, there are no girls and so no blunders … (Gal: I accidentally deleted the accounts info DB in Prod. Hope it shouldn’t be a big problem). So in short …it’s very boring. Even if someone makes any blunder, he is smart enough to bail himself out … So sad …

I really miss those expressions on the Gal’s face when they come to us after committing blunders … Its worth much more than getting bash from clients … So I don’t mind facing client’s fury for seeing those sweet expressions ….

Female programmers are a great thing in Indian software industry. Oh God, we miss it …

PS: I wrote this blog in a weird mood after seeing a couple of Infosys buses carrying pretty programming angels … So I plead female readers not to bash me with furious mails blaming me as a male chauvinist …

4 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ask the question - why no girls in hi-tech firms. And you answer it yourself in the subsequent paragraphs. OOooo! You are so brilliant! I never knew that.

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO BRO . NICE GOING ON GALS. BUT I THINK THERE ARE A LOT OUT THERE WITH BRAINS ALSO .HOPE YOU WILL MEET SOME SOON (May be your wife)

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sujayath is admitted in to hospital may not blog for few days .

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home