The Silicon Gods

Taboos in worshipping the silicon gods and the orthodox rites & rituals that would make Silicon Gods happy so that they bless our team for coming up with timely deliverables and quality bytes of machine code ...

Friday, April 29, 2005

Remains of Pains …

Everything is computerized … No more hassles … No more pains … But the reality is different though …

The worst nightmare I usually have is booking train tickets. I don’t remember a single instance where the queue was small in the booking office … And sometimes I go through agents who bring with them a new set of pains and each time I just vow that next time I would not use agents …

Well… So I was a happy person when online reservation was introduced … It was convenient in the beginning … But now it looks like it has brought a new set of pains with it …

I wanted to book two tickets today. It took almost fifteen minutes just to enter the station names … After half-an-hour hassle, I managed to reach the payment page … Now ICICI entices me with a new security feature that my credit cared could be linked to the internet banking password and I opt for it … That’s it … The connection got cut and it took another half-an-hour to go through the entire process again … Now the credit card page asks for the password , and I, a happy secure subscriber, type the password and alas… It says my password is wrong …

It took me another ten minutes to figure out that the password was correct and there is something else wrong … Now another half-an-hour and I book through my direct bank account … Then again another half-an-hour to book the next ticket … I vaguely remember that booking ticket directly didn’t take more than half-an-hour for me …

This is not the only case … Infact I have taken a presentation in my MBA class on my tussle with ebay (bazee.com) regarding one wrong shipment … So, it looks like everything has some pain associated with it …

3 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Life is about managing for survival said...

My experience has been no different:(

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home