The Silicon Gods

Taboos in worshipping the silicon gods and the orthodox rites & rituals that would make Silicon Gods happy so that they bless our team for coming up with timely deliverables and quality bytes of machine code ...

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Between Love and Marriage …

I think there could be three accidents that happen between a man and a woman – infatuation, love and marriage. Out of these, Love must be the most overused word.

Infatuation is defined as a foolish and extravagant love, according to wordweb (how long will you keep referring to Webster and oxford). So, I see a girl and blindly fall in love and that becomes infatuation (well…then…why do they say “Love is Blind”). Why does it become infatuation and why can’t it be love? Mmm… Love requires some more brainy work … Lets define Infatuation as 0% Brain and 100% Heart

Love happens when I like a girl and this doesn’t necessarily relate to my intention to marry. “Liking” is making it look very simple but infact … there could be a lot of stages in love … such as admiration, affection, and it could go till devotion … So love -> x% brain and y% heart and x,y > 0

No need to explain marriage … I think guys hate to read about that…simply said 100% brain and 0% heart (one married team mate corrected it to: 0% brain and 0% heart)

So lets come to the topic… What is love? Lets say I want to do a love marriage and ask my parents to find a girl for me and inform me without intimating the girl. Then I will go behind her and make her accept my love and marry without any opposition from parents. Will this become love?

Or whatever is happening in these IT service companies … You get a new girl to your team … She knows what you earn and you know that there won’t be any another easier way to get a girl friend … You both meet at coffee and decide to love after two meetings … Is this love?

I would say these are more closer to marriage than love … May be there is a lack of word for these, but I wouldn’t call these “Love”

PS: I am still looking for a girlfriend and this article has nothing to do with my own experiences

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jayanta Chattopadhyay said...

Love(in the true sense of the term) is 100% Heart affair.When your brain does not calculate, all come from your heart..that is Love.

Anyway good topic..little change.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Sujayath said...

Well... If love is 100% heart, then what is infatuation :)

Just kidding ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home