The Silicon Gods

Taboos in worshipping the silicon gods and the orthodox rites & rituals that would make Silicon Gods happy so that they bless our team for coming up with timely deliverables and quality bytes of machine code ...

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Eagerly waiting for Web OS ??

April 26, 2010


Today Google launched its web OS and I subscribed to it immediately. Ooph! Gone are the days of fat clients … Everything is in the server safe and secure …


I started with typing a word document … What no instant spell checkup with red wave lines? … Its okay … I can check it after typing … I typed one full page and selected the text to change the font … Oops! I pressed some key accidentally and all gone!! CTRL Z doesn’t work … Its okay … from the next time, I will type in a desktop notepad client and then copy to the web interface …


I started the spreadsheet … mmm… I type the formula and each time the page is refreshed to get the result (page is submitted each time)… Frustrated I decided to play some games … What,, only network games …. Atleast let me watch some movie … What, only streaming movies?


But atleast the connection is fast … oops! The connection is cut … Again my dog Tommy has dug the internet cable out … Now I have to wait till the connection is replaced even for starting my computer …


Do I care having a fat desktop as I (s)care about having a fat wife??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home