The Silicon Gods

Taboos in worshipping the silicon gods and the orthodox rites & rituals that would make Silicon Gods happy so that they bless our team for coming up with timely deliverables and quality bytes of machine code ...

Sunday, November 27, 2005

And Lord God made my life hectic …


I almost decided to close this blog. My life has been very hectic for the past few weeks. I work non-stop from morning to night and still I have more than 40 items in my follow-up list. More than 6 books are waiting in my book shelf to be read. I gave got mails enquiring why I am not blogging. People who mail me seeking advice have been frustrated waiting for my reply. I feel very tired at the end of the day and it’s almost impossible for me to blog or reply for mails.

But the interesting fact is though I work so hard, at the end of the day, I see that I have not accomplished much. Whatever Time management I do, things do go awry and I can’t stop mails that ask why their tasks take so much time to finish. The interesting fact is that I am still an average employee and even if I manage to do all the work I get, I will still be an average employee. Because I can never become a superstar if I just do the work given to me and do nothing beyond that. But I am struggling even to get my daily jobs done. When I don’t even have time to mail or blog, how can I think of things beyond my duties?

At the end of the day, it looks like I am doing something wrong. Let me try to figure that out and will keep you updated on what I find. I can’t promise frequent blogging but will try to put some discipline in my blogging.

2 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger NSK said...

Welcome back to your own world....! Keep posting something..even if it is only a few lines...so that, this link does not disappear from our bookmarks.

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel that the MBA party is over for some of the average guys who managed to secure a place at a so-called premier institution, hoping that these HOT keywords would propel them to greater levels than otherwise. But now and in another couple of years these guys will realize that success doesn't come through quick-fixes but through years of perseverance and _real_ hard work leads to true success and happiness. Those who understand it don't run after such big-ticket qualifications but build their character, have faith in themselves and never feel de-motivated under all circumstances. They are absolutely positive forever and rest only after they reach their goal.
Thanx,
Jyotir

 

Post a Comment

<< Home